How to develop a App like Uber.?
Before creating app similar to Uber ,you should first compare your Business with the Uber Business model. Understanding the right audience for your App and what value it will add in their daily lives. This post is focused on important factors like Key partners,Key activities ,Key resources, Value proposition,Channels, Customer segments and more to give a heads up if you are looking for a Uber like Taxi App.
People living In today’s busy world with busy traffic and lack of parking space prefer to use available taxi services like Uber, Ola, Taxi For Sure, etc. rather than using their own car.
Therefore, Enterpreneurs and transport companies have great opportunity to create apps of a car- rent or taxi service. Tremendous success of Uber- like app lead to development of various new taxi services apps in the desire to grab a slice of a pie.
According to the Association of Radio Taxi India, the taxi business in the country is growing at 20 to 25 per cent a year. The organised taxi sector accounts for just four to five per cent of the industry and totals $800 million. It is expected to grow to $7 billion by 2020.
Making an Uber like app with a splash will need a good business model. A mobile app for taxi service should be simple, intuitive and should smoothly convey all the information and required user steps. A fast , user-friendly app with minimal glitches will make your app exceptional and unique.
The business model of any taxi app should be such which make possible for people to simply tap their smartphone and have a cab arrive at their location in the minimum possible time.
You should expand your business step by step. You just cannot add everything in your business model in the first go. You can take the example of Uber which started with cabs but now even has boats, helicopters, bikes and other means. Your app should have multi language support and it should allow its customers to book the cab with limited internet access/usage.
You will always have to look for opportunities. They won’t come to you. You can create an opportunity by offering discounted rides for particular events / party venues and this way you can get your first customers.
You don’t need to go for ownership model. Uber does not own any cab but still provides over 1 million rides a day through its partner network.
So partner networks play a very important /significant role in your Business Success.
Always treat your initial users as kings. They are really important for the growth of your business. Treat your workforce an important part of your business. You should call your drivers as partners and gives them a decent 70% – 80% of the total fare.
A good business model for your application will include all the critical elements of the business. Lets delve into the various elements in details:
You cannot think of starting your business without key partners. They are like the fuel that keep the engine running. It is fruitful to analyze the nature of the partnership based on the questions like- Which partnerships are critical to your business? Who are your critical suppliers? Which suppliers and partners are sourcing your key resources?
Key partners of your taxi app will include:
- Car manufacturers / Car Leasing Companies
- Technology Partners (Devices, GPS etc)
- Financing Companies to Finance the Cars
- Online Payment Companies
- Garages / Service Centers
- Advertising Agencies
How to develop a App like Uber .? Key activities
It is the core business which define the existence of the company in the financial jungle. Your taxi app can include these set of key activities:
- Product development and management
- Online & offline marketing
- Customer aquisition
- Hiring drivers
- Managing Driver payments
- Ensure on-time, safe, prompt, courteous and hassle free rides to customers
- Ensure safety of drivers / passengers
- Customer support
This is the most important asset of business model which is needed to support and effectively execute your business. Key resources deal with the operational end of the business spectrum and define what kind of materials you need, what kind of equipment is required and the types of people you need to employ. Taxi app will include these key resources:
- Good Network Support (Internet)
- Availability of Drivers
How to develop a App like Uber ? Value proposition
Value proposition include those things that separates you from the rest of your competition. Your taxi app may include these things to make it unique from other apps.
- Fixed prices for common places like Airport etc.
- Offer an autonomous taxi service
- Minimum waiting time
- Prices lesser than the normal taxi fare
- Customers do not need to search parking lots
- Customers do not need to go to the a car renting station
- Car use on demand (cost saving)
- Safer mobility (reduces human factor)
- Efficient mobility (reduces unnecessary trips & optimizes routes)
- Find friends along the road and allow to pick them up
- Sufficient cabs for peak time
- Taxis automatically track the street and communicate with other vehicles to prevent traffic jam
- Range of vehicles: Colored vehicles with advertisements ,Premiun cars -black for luxury ones, Sustainable vehicles (electrical)-Green,white,light blue.
For ex- Uber provide various levels of services like-
UberX – the most cost-efficient option
Uber Black – classy Uber with chic cars
Uber SUV – when the size matters
Uber LUX – the prime service needs no words
Always define the customer segments as to which all customer types would use your product or service. Taxi app will include various customers segments like:
- People that use a daily service
- Premium users
- Large customers that use permanently the service at their facilities
- People using Shared Cab
- People using Personal Cab
- Do not own a car.
- Do not want to drive themselves to a party or function.
- Like to travel in style and want to be treated as a VIP.
- Want a cost-efficient cab at their doorstep.
Channels are the touch points through which an organization liaises with its customers and play a huge role in defining the customer experience. Channels can be categorized as marketing, sales or distribution channels. You can reach your customers through many ways like:
- Participating in large events provide mobility for users (fairs, expos)
- App stores: Google Play, Apple App Store, Windows Phone Marketplace
- Advertising (TV, Airports, Train Stations, Radio)
Developing relationship with customers will drive your business to a new level of success. Uber clone taxi app can include these things to maintain good relationship with customers:
- Customer Data Management (DOB etc)
- Customer Account Regular Update
- Customer Update via Email and SMS on ride completion
- Prompt Refund processing
- Free vouchers to use premium vehicles for regular customers
- Free rides campaigns to attract new customers
- Free vouchers for customers who bring other customers
90% of new businesses fail in the first 3 years because they fail to understand their costs or what it will take to create the goods and services they have promised in their value propositions. Cost will always remain a major concern for all business and your taxi business will include cost like:
- Development(system integration & software)
- Marketing costs
Business needs revenue streams to earn money. various methods to generate revenue from your taxi app can include:
- Car rides on per km/mile basis
- Surge pricing
- Car type
- Peak time charges
We at Mobulous try to understand your Business Strategies and then suggest the Product development keeping in mind your acquision model,revenue streams and Cost structure.
Contact us for a free consultation on Uber like App idea.