People have become scared after the COVID-19 and trying to stay at home to avoid getting infected with the virus. The pandemic and lockdown have badly affected the businesses. Considering the demand for necessary items such as groceries, medicines, and so on, most companies bring their businesses online. With the help of an on-demand grocery delivery app, many B2B grocery platforms provide support to people to cope with the quarantine and lockdown period. As most people cannot come out of their houses to buy the essential things, many new start-ups get an opportunity to create on-demand grocery delivery service in the market.
The current scenario of grocery delivery service
Online grocery shopping is catching up with users rapidly. The current situation of COVID-19 pandemic entirely changed the needs and behavior of the people. There is great fear in the mind of the people to come out of their houses. According to Google trends, the number of people searches for grocery services has increased enormously. Most people prefer to buy groceries via online grocery shopping instead of visiting grocery stores physically. According to Orian Research, the global online grocery market is supposed to increase with a CAGR of 23.7 % in 2020- 2025.
What are the challenges faced by the grocery business in the pandemic situation?
No wonder, grocery is one of the essential needs of people. In this pandemic, people are facing challenges to get proper supplies of groceries. Businesses are also facing numerous challenges in providing groceries to consumers.
Here, are some of the top challenges faced by the grocery business:
- Lack in supply chain management: Due to COVID-19 pandemic, more than 40 percent of grocery retail face a shortage in supply chain management. It is challenging for businesses to fulfill the increasing demand of consumers in the limited supply of groceries.
- Delay in the delivery: Most of the workers are scared to come up in the workplace due to the fear of getting infected with the coronavirus. This situation makes a delay in the delivery of the groceries at the doorstep of the users.
- Limited workforce: The workers at the grocery and retail stores have to come in contact with numerous people. So, workers always have the risk of getting infected with the coronavirus.
- Change in Demand for Customer & Transition in Behaviour: With fear of food crisis, most people started stocking up the essential grocery items. This situation can create a complete imbalance in the management of essential grocery items.
What are the essential strategies you must follow for a successful on-demand grocery delivery app?
If you want to get successful in starting and operating an online grocery business, you must have to work on the following factors:
- Apart from other essential features, you must include a live tracking feature in your app so that users can track their purchases report.
- It would be best if you focused on the target audience. Make sure the app is easy to use and has a friendly user interface.
- Make sure your app provides a cheaper delivery to the users.
- Before launching your app on the app store or play store, make sure to advertise it on social media to attract massive attention of the users.
How much does it cost to create an on-demand grocery delivery app?
As we all know, the cost of on-demand grocery delivery apps mainly depends on the features and functionality you want to include in your app. In the rough, if you want to create your grocery delivery app for your start-up, it will cost around $15,000-$20,000. However, if you are ready to use the ReadyMade Instacart clone app solution, it will cost about $5,000-$20,000.
To create an online grocery delivery app, you need to hire the right mobile app development company to make the right app for you. If you hire the right mobile app development company for your app, you will get the following benefits:
- Creation of unique solutions
- Usage of the latest technology
- Driving better perks in the future
In A Nutshell
Grocery consumption is an essential requirement of people, and they are increasingly relying on online shopping. According to the report, approximately 34% of the consumers are shopping online instead of going physically to the local stores. If you are looking to create a grocery delivery app, you can go with Mobulous company. Mobulous is one of the top leading mobile app development companies all across the globe. We have an excellent team of developers and designers who have expertise in creating on-demand apps for numerous services such as healthcare, grocery, and many more. If you have any queries regarding mobile apps and website development services, you can contact our expert team right now.
Access Our UI E-Commerce Case Studies:
Get in Touch with our Sales Team: firstname.lastname@example.org