In modern days, the no. of smartphone users are steadily increasing with every passing year. Smartphones have made everyone’s life easy and give you a way of convenience to do everything online through mobile apps without going outside from home. With the help of mobile apps, you can now start work remotely. Some of the robust impacted markets are Banking, LoT, Healthcare, Shopping, Ordering, and Booking.
The no. of mobile phone are more connected with the internet than people in the world. Mobile apps are available in the Apple App Store, Google Play Store, etc. And, these are the platforms where all the mobile apps were launched and provide content & value to the users globally. All the organization and business around the world are embracing mobile app development to enhance customer service, and churn rate for mobile apps are rising at a sky-rocket speed.
What does Mobile Application Security mean?
Mobile application security refers to the practices and policies to secure mobile apps, which is running on mobile devices. It is meant to shield personal or enterprise data from tampering and other app-centric attacks. App security includes application encryption, authentication, authorization, logging, and app security testing.
Many Entrepreneurs and organizations have not allocated any spending toward mobile application security, and not they are not aware of mobile application hacking. Nowadays, the most targeted for malicious activity is mobile apps. Hackers are hacking mobile apps, and hacked mobile applications can lead to revenue loss, brand damage, corporate intellectual property piracy, and duplicity cases.
Hackers with malicious intent can:
- Inject malware into apps and onto devices to access data, store keystrokes, and steal screen lock passcodes.
- Tamper with or duplicate your app’s code and develop a spoof app containing malware.
- Intercept sensitive information traveling over the airwaves.
- Identity theft or fraud purposes by stealing customer data.
- Get hold of corporate IP.
- Access your IP or taking control of your company’s back-end network
What are the common issues in mobile application security?
- Improper Handling Sessions
- Minor Authorization and Authentication
- Broken Cryptography
- Unintended Data Leakage
- Lack of Binary Protections
- Insufficient Data Layer Protection
What are the top 4 easy steps to secure the mobile application?
Step 1. Secure the Source Code: Mobile app security is an essential part of mobile app development. The very first step that every developer should take is to secure the code.
- Always secure the system by using modern algorithms with API encryption.
- Scan/Review the code or run a source code auditing for vulnerability.
- The critical outlines of secure mobile app development are the app’s file size, running time, data, and battery. It’s good to secure the mobile app but doesn’t forget to deliver the better UI and performance of an app.
Step 2. Use Authorized APIs to secure your network connection: Use APIs to secure data and anticipate unauthorized access. If the APIs are unlicensed, then unintentionally your data can be stolen and misused gravely.
- Develop encrypted containers to store the data securely and safely.
- Improve the security with data encryption and encrypted connections with VPN and SSL.
Step 3. Identification, Authorization, and Authentication: The most significant security infringements happen due to inadequate authentication. That is why using robust authentication and authorization technology is becoming the need to add another layer of security.
- Be sure that the APIs used in the app gives access to the part of your application that is important and relevant.
- Use JSON web tokens for encrypted data exchange.
- OpenID Connect is a federation that enables the users to use their same credentials for multiple domains with a single ID token.
Step 4. Testing is all your mobile app need: Testing the mobile app is the critical part of an application’s development process. Nowadays, mobile app development is getting quicker, and developers are more focusing on deployment rather than testing. Test your apps for vulnerabilities and fix the bugs if any found.
- Penetration testing helps you to solve the shortcomings problem of the system.
- Invest in threat modeling
- Emulators that allows you to test the application of how it performs in the real world.
If you want to develop an app that is secure and safe, then Mobulous is a top mobile app development company, providing on-demand solutions such as taxi app development, restaurant app development, and so on. We follow mobile app security strategies and deliver your app more secure for both you and your audience.
If you have any query related to mobile app development for Android & iOS, keep in touch with us.
Mobulous Ranked Top #1 in the List of Most Promising App Development Company – 2019 by Appfutura Review
Services Provided by Mobulous to satisfy entrepreneurs, enterprises, & startups needs
Top 3 Questions to Ask when outsourcing app vendor
Top cross-platform mobile app development tools 2019
Access Our UI Case Studies: https://www.mobulous.com/blog/case-studies
Get in Touch with our Sales Team: firstname.lastname@example.org