In the era of the internet and technology, we have entered a world where everything depends on smartphones. Whether you want to book a ticket and get entertainment to buy groceries and book a cab, you can get it just with a few clicks on your smartphone. Yes, it is that simple.
In the digital era, the concept of the on-demand app is increasing. Among the various categories of on-demand apps, grocery mobile apps are in so much demand. The invention of grocery mobile app development is no less than a miracle for people all across the globe. The grocery delivery mobile apps allow people to buy the groceries they want without standing in long queues. People love the concept of placing an online request for groceries and that being delivered to them on time.
Do you Know- Facts of Grocery Delivery Mobile App
- If we believe the reports, around 60% of the users find it easier to shop for their grocery items through their smartphones.
- According to research by CNBC, online grocery sales are on the rise and will account for 20% of the industry by 2025.
- According to Business Insider, 10% of Americans shop for groceries online every day.
- Coronavirus pandemic is forcing people to choose grocery mobile applications for the products they want.
These stats clearly show the massive demand for grocery delivery mobile apps all across the globe. So, if you are planning to invest in a grocery delivery app development business, it will be a wise decision.
Types of Grocery Delivery Apps
Mainly, there are three types of grocery apps that you can consider. Let’s have a look:
- The E-Commerce Grocery Delivery App
The established e-commerce apps, including Amazon, Flipkart, etc., offer a wide range of grocery items for shopping. They also allow users to get grocery items according to their convenience of time.
- Individual Grocery Apps
Individual Grocery apps such as BigBasket, Grofers, etc., are dedicated mobile apps for grocery services. They can provide different services such as grocery IQ, Grocery list, and delivery for customers
- Supermarket or in-store based Grocery App
With the rapid sales of grocery items, supermarkets such as Costco and Publix also include grocery delivery services through the app.
Features to Integrate into a Grocery Delivery Mobile App:
The on-demand grocery delivery application consists of three sides-The Customer Side, The Admin Side, and The Delivery Person side. While estimating the cost to develop a grocery delivery app, you must consider all three sides. Here is a list of features of all three sides:
The Customer Side App
Registration is the first process users find when they open an app. Ensure to allow registration through social media accounts to make the whole process easier for users.
- User Account
Users can create an account and add essential details such as contact details, payment methods, etc.
- Browse and Search Product
Users can quickly check the different products and choose the product they want.
- Add to Cart and Check out.
You must include both the features to make the ordering process smoother for users.
- Payment Gateway
The app must allow users to use different payment options such as debit cards, credit cards, cash to pay the bill.
- Time Slot Selection for Delivery
The app must give users the freedom to select the time slot at their convenience.
- Push Notifications
Push notification is an essential feature that you must integrate into your app. This feature notifies users about all the discounts, coupons, and promos.
- Review and Ratings.
Users can give their reviews and ratings for the service.
- Customer Call and Chat Support
The app must allow users to connect to the team whenever they face any queries.
The Admin Side
- Managing Inventory and Stock
The Admin must be able to integrate new products and remove old products.
- Assign Orders to Delivery Agents
The Admin must be able to assign a task to the delivery person.
- Complete Record Keeping
The Admin must be able to keep a complete record of all the transactions.
- Offers and Discounts
The Admin must be able to integrate new offers and discounts.
The Delivery Person Side App
- GPS Enabled Location Tracking.
You must integrate GPS tracking software into the app to help delivery persons track users’ locations.
- Accept/reject the Delivery Request
The app must allow the delivery person to accept or reject the delivery request of the users.
- Customer’s Contact Details
The delivery person can see the contact details of users.
So, these are the list of features that you must integrate into a grocery delivery app.
Cost to create an on-demand app for grocery service:
When it comes to the cost of the grocery delivery app, several factors affect the price. Some common factors include the location of the app development company, the platform you choose, the features and functionality, the app’s complexity, the expertise of the app development team, and so on.
The cost to develop a grocery app varies according to the different countries. Let’s have a look
- In India, the developer’s charges between $10 to $70 per hour
- In Eastern Europe, the developer charges between $30 to $150 per hour
- In the U.S., the developer charges between $50 to $250 per hour
Estimation of Cost to Develop Grocery Delivery App:
- For Technical Documentation, the price requires around $1000 to $2000
- For UI/UX design price requires around $1500 to $3000
- For Front-end and back-end, development price requires around $10,000 to $20,000
- For QA and Testing price requires around $2000 to $4000
So, calculating all the expenses, we can conclude that an average grocery app development cost may range between $10,000 to $30,000 for a single platform (iOS or Android).
However, if you want to add more advanced features and develop an app on both platforms, the cost may range around $50,000.
So, we hope you get an idea of the cost to build a grocery delivery app. To create a successful grocery app, you must integrate advanced features such as social sign-in, reviews, and ratings, push notification, Real-time GPS tracking, and many more.
You can hire developers of Mobulous to get a feature-rich, robust, advanced grocery app at a reasonable price.
Contact The Top Mobile App Development Company Mobulous